Carnegie Education Pavilion, a beaux-arts structure, was created from the intricate facade of the downtown Carnegie Central Library, which was built in 1901 and demolished in 1977 to make way for the Fulton County Library that now stands at that site. Fortunately, these architectural bays were preserved and ultimately used to create this elegant 23 foot square pavilion in 1996. In homage to the Carnegie legacy, it is a monument to higher education in Atlanta with the seals of nine local area colleges and universities embedded in the pavilion floor.
The pavilion is located in the newly refurbished Hardy Ivy Park at the northern termination of Peachtree Street downtown before it turns northeastward at Baker Street.
- Additional Information
Partner Jenni Girtman
- Related Galleries
- 1. Public Art
Please visit Atlanta.net for information on upcoming events and Atlanta convention and tour information.