The Swan House at the Atlanta History Center.
Swan House, an elegant classically styled mansion named for the swan motif found throughout its interior, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and has become an Atlanta landmark.
Built in 1928 for Edward and Emily Inman, heirs to a cotton brokerage fortune, the house was designed by well-known and influential Atlanta architect Philip Trammell Shutze. In Swan House and its gardens, together considered Shutze's finest residential work, he adapted Italian and English classical styles to accommodate twentieth-century living.
In 1966, the Atlanta Historical Society purchased the Swan House and most of its original furnishings, which range from eighteenth-century antiques to twentieth-century objects. The house opened to the public in 1967.
- Additional Information
Partner Katie Snyder Hide in Newest Products N/A Website For more information about this attraction or location, please click here.
- Related Galleries
Please visit Atlanta.net for information on upcoming events and Atlanta convention and tour information.